Thursday, October 22, 2015

Do you make the most of life's little explosions?

I had the pleasure of meeting Paul and his wife last weekend. Hubby and I were staying at a guest house in Eden for a couple of nights so we could go whale watching. There we met Paul and his wife who were traveling around Australia on holiday from England. We were on the same whale watching trip and had supper together several evenings.

Paul was very kind and told us how much he enjoyed meeting us because our meeting was an explosion in his life. I wasn't too sure what he meant by that because, to be honest, it didn't sound like a good thing!

But Paul explained that he viewed random meetings like the one he had with us as explosions that go off in his life. An explosion may be something as fleeting as a smile of a stranger that comes and goes in a few seconds. Nevertheless, these explosions add to the richness of his life and gives him great joy.

I love this idea of explosions - although I would probably see them more as fireworks - set off by random acts of kindness...smiles...conversations with strangers...connections with people, places or a space in time. It got me thinking that I should be more in tune with the explosions in my life, and be mindful about how I can be an explosion in other people's lives. 

How about you? How do you celebrate life's little explosions?

No comments: