Saturday, February 2, 2008

31 Days to Building a Better Blog: Day 7


I have been resisting the challenge for Day 7 of the 31 Day Challenge for the last few days. The challenge is to plan a week's worth of posts. The reason that I have resisted this is because I am a compulsive blogger - in other words, I respond to events or thoughts and blog as they crop up. And I did not want to be restricted in any way.

But according to Darren Rouse, the facilitator of the 31 Day Blog Challenge, this is an ineffective use of time. He found that by planning his posts, he reduced the time he spent on the computer but actually increased his productivity. In view of the fact I have a PhD to write up this year, any strategies for time management are gratefully received.

So here's my plan for the next week:

  • Monday: Review of Juno, which is a film about teenage pregnancy. My daughter is taking me tomorrow. I do not want to go but she's paying for me, so I guess I have to go to whichever film she wants to see.
  • Tuesday: Assignment 4
  • Wednesday: Video resources about cannulation (attaching a drip to someone's arm)
  • Thursday: Video resources about perineal suturing
  • Friday: Neonatal phototherapy (treatment for babies who are jaundiced just after they are born)
  • Saturday: Personal Learning Environments. This ties in with my Internet column that I am about to write - use of tools to start building a PLE.
I also plan to continue my postings about the blog challenge. The frequency of these will depend on the work involved.

I plan to be very strict with restricting the amount of time I spend on this blog - it will be interesting to see how well I succeed.

Image: 'Tunnels of Time' fdecomite
www.flickr.com/photos/21649179@N00/406635986

1 comment:

Sarah Stewart said...

I tried this but it just didn't work. I continue to be a reactive blogger